Sunday 7 October 2012

My first ever blog entry

I never really saw myself as a blogger-I love blogs, in fact I am little obsessed with all kinds of blogs but I never felt I had anything to say or offer to people, until now and even now I am still not sure that I do. I just know that I need to write some stuff down and thought a blog might be a good choice. I am usually a fairly private person, definitely not one to share private matters on the blogespheres so at this point I am still undecided if I am going to share this with anyone or if this is just a place for me to come and put some thoughts or ideas down.

While my grief defines me right now, I am also other things too. I am a wife, sister, friend, cousin, auntie as well as a mumma to a very busy toddler. I love to cook, read books, craft, bake yummy treats, swim, travel, shop, drink wine, teach my daughter new things. These sides to me may also appear in this blog, I am a grieving mother but I am all these things too, I am trying to figure out where all these elements fit in my new life so bear with me. I am on a very strange and sad journey.

The main reason I stared this blog is that I found a wonderful website/blog called carlymarieprojectheal. Carly is also a bereaved mother and is doing wonderful things in and for this community. She has created an event called Capture your grief. The idea is that you take a picture everyday in the month of October to capture your personal story. I am no photographer but I though this was such a great way to capture the little (and big) things in my journey so far. I am already a few days behind so I have some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment