Saturday 5 January 2013

German lessons

Today I did something I should have done a long, long time ago. I signed up for some German classes.

I feel both excited and scared. I will be doing 2 evenings a week for the next 17 weeks-wow! I am doing it with my friend (who I will refer to as Awesome L from now on) so we can support, motivate and help each other along.

I feel mentally that I might be ready for this but we will have to see. I am still very up and down. I am not sure how I will feel once classes start but I am a little excited non the less. It has been a long time since I have been a 'student'. I was never overly academic in my younger days but much has changed since then. I am hoping this will be a healthy distraction for me, trying to add positive things in my life and learning a language is a wonderful thing to do. I am hoping I will find a little joy from this, maybe even a little feeling of empowerment, so much of the last year and half of my life has been out of my control. Now I am taking a little piece of control back.

If I ever want to integrate more into society here I must learn the language. Simple. I am under no illusion that I will be anywhere near fluent, I am hoping that at the end of the course I will be one step closer to understanding more of what is happening around me and possibly, just possibly move a little closer in potentially helping other baby loss mothers in the local community here in the future

Wish me luck!

E
x

No comments:

Post a Comment